Проходя, увидел Он (Христос) Левия Алфеева, сидящего у сбора пошлин, и говорит ему: следуй за Мною. И он, встав, последовал за Ним (Мк.2:14). And as he passed by, he (Christ) saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, “Follow me.” And he rose and followed him (Mk 2:14).
Как просто, как решительно! Грешник мытарь Левий едва лишь услышал призыв Христа, бросает без раздумья все, чем он жил, бросает обеспеченное положение и уходит за Господом, как добровольный нищий. И какая решительность! «Левий встал и пошел»... How simple, how decisively! The sinful publican Levi, upon hearing the call of Christ, without hesitation, forsakes everything he lived for, abandons his secure position, and follows the Lord, like a voluntary beggar. And what decisiveness! "Levi rose and went"...
А теперь наши души, грешнейшие грешнейших, будучи призываемы, торгуются: «Да как я устроюсь, как я буду жить... да что я получу?» И, давши слово идти за Господом, уподобляются сыну, который ответил Отцу, пославшему его на работу: «Иду, Господи», а сам не пошел (Мф.21:28–30). But now, our souls, the most sinful of sinners, when called upon, bargain: "How will I settle down, how will I live... what will I get?" And, having given the word to follow the Lord, they are likened to a son who answered the Father, who sent him to work: "I go, Lord," but he did not go (Mat 21:28-30).